|Web Server Environments (IP: 18.104.22.168)|
Developers local environment should be used for minimal testing only. Once code (each FogBugz case) is ready to be tried or bug-tested, upload to 'dev.ysacentral.com' where primary testing is performed.
THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU WAIT UNTIL THE PROJECT IS COMPLETE BEFORE SYNC'ING TO DEV!
Pre-Alpha & Alpha | Developers upload all latest code revisions to dev environment. Developers perform their primary testing. Code may be broken. Development teams bug testers should be using this environment to do thorough bug testing. New code should only be pushed to staging after development teams bug tester has signed off on all bug fixes.
Release Candidate | YSA staff test "final" code before going to production. Should always be in functional state -- should never be broken, unless its a true bug.
root dir: /var/www/html/staging.ysacentral.com/
Stable | Production Environment - Live users.
root dir: /var/www/html/ysacentral.com/
Stable | Production environment for a special project for an Activity last summer. This is the first version of the "Activity Showcase" and it should be used as a guide an code source for that proj.
root dir: /var/www/html/ysasummit2010.com/
Links to Additional Important Wiki Articles:
- Scrum Agile Development
- Recording Your Time in FogBugz (Required by YSAcentral)
- Recording Daily Status Reports in FogBugz (Required by YSAcentral)
- TortoiseSVN Integration with FogBugz
- Project Overview Diagram (sitemap of project priorities)
- Database Prefix & Schema
- File Naming Conventions & Storage
- Bug Testing Criteria to Test
- Development & Bug Testing Procedures using FogBugz
- [future] Unit Testing
- Database & File Clean-up
- User Accounts for Testing
- Email System Architecture & Accounts
- Email Template Variables
- YSAcentral Links & User Accounts for Login
- Slicing / Html / CSS Coding Standards
- Slicing Projects Links
- User Authentication | User Access Matrix
- Poster Design Studio
- addThis Sharing integration
- DIV Pop-up Window Standardization
- Wall Feed / Social Feed Architecture
- [future] Email / Notifications Engine (C++/C# ???)
- jQuery Plugins used in our Development
- Activity Showcase Background Tiles
- Ward and Region "Home" Pages
- New URL Structure using mod_rewrite
- Image Manipulation / Image Processing
- Image Size Variations / Photo Size Variations
- Public Data Sources (databases of colleges, missions, etc...)
- Compatibility Charts
- API Keys
Kanban Proceedures_Agile development.pdf
Database and Flow Document
History of this project Framework
- This project started out using SocialEngine as the social network platform.
- Because it was slow and cumbersome, parts of it was converted to custom code.
- Then we standardized on CodeIgnitor as the framework and had most of the existing site converted over to CI.
Global Session Timeout (Login)
Users session should last for 2 weeks. (sitewide)
User Session Database Driven
User session should be stored in the database (we will need this in the future when we do load balancing across multiple servers)
Inline Scripts & CSS
Account User Names, Password and API Keys
Please make sure that anywhere in the source code that requires account user names, passwords and/or API keys, that you are including a "config" file that contains variables with all of those account settings. It could be file or database based. File based is probably the best option, unless it is already database driven. We do not want to have to search through source code anytime we need to move from a test environment to a live environment.